Monday, May 5, 2008

Sermon from May 4

So That You May Know

1 John 5: 1 - 13


1. To believe n Jesus doesn't mean have head knowledge, it means we place our trust in him for life and salvation. James 2:19

2. I prove that I love God by the way I treat you. And I prove that I love God by obeying him. John 14:15

3. By the Spirit's help we can obey God because of the great power we have within us. And that great power is enabled by our faith.

4. Jesus not only came to earth in the flesh, he completed the new covenant by shedding his blood. The life, death and resurrection of Jesus proves that he is the way to the father.

5. When we place our trust in Jesus, we immediately possess eternal life. John 3:16

6. John's purpose for writing this letter is to assure us that we possess eternal life.

No comments: